You have the freedom to choose any licensed doctor or hospital in the United States for your care. However, if you choose a provider who is part of the MultiPlan national network and assign your benefits, you will benefit from discounts on the services provided. The choice is yours!
- Regardless of the charge for your doctor visit, Health ProtectorGuard by United Healthcare pays a set amount for eligible services.
- Urgent care is provided at a medical facility providing immediate, non-routine urgent care for an injury or illness treated on a walk-in basis.
- Rollover Benefit: If do not use your allowable amount of office visits, they you can rollover visits to the next calendar year. A maximum of 5 visits are allowed to rollover.
Doctor Office Visits for Health ProtectorGuard
- Choice Value: $100 / Visit – 2 Visits Per a Year
- Choice Plus: $100 / Visit – 2 Visits Per a Year
- Select Value: $100 / Visit – 5 Visits Per a Year
- Select Plus: $100 / Visit – 5 Visits Per a Year
- Premier Plus: $100 / Visit – 5 Visits Per a Year
Examples of how your visit would be covered.
- Your child needs a pediatrician visit. The normal rate may be $90 a visit. Health ProtectorGuard would provide you with $100. In this example you would actually be paid $10 for having the visit.
- You have a sinus infection and you go the Urgent Care. They charge $125 per visit. You would get $100 from your plan benefit and end up having to pay $25.
- You go to a specialist and the specialist charges $250 per a visit. Health ProtectorGuard would cover $100 on this visit.
- You go to a specialist but decide to use the MultiPlan network. You discover your specialist’s in-network rate is $175. You would receive $100 toward your visit and you would end up having to pay $75.00